Saturday, June 11, 2005

 

Hello, and a warm welcome to all.

First, I hope that the two or three of you reading this understand that this blog is a work-in-progress.

I still haven’t figured out how to, say, put “Enoch Allen” in the name area yet, so bear with me.
This update’ll be rather short, as I take time to amass a whole bunch of material to post on this blog. I’m new to the entire experience.

First off, introduction. Some people know me as a screenwriter who’s never published a screenplay. Sure, I have had one optioned, but I’ll tell that story sometime later. I still write, obviously. I am a compulsive writer, much like someone with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder washes his/her hands every ten minutes. I authored fifty articles on Suite 101.com before they were promptly taken offline without my knowledge or consent. (Come to think of it, they probably did the right thing, as I had forgot my password to my portion of the site.) I wrote a full-length novel and never had that published, either. I made twelve student films before leaving Brooks Institute due to the rising cost of tuition. Made a voice demo CD. Began work on a feature film project before that fell apart. All before my 20th birthday.

I haven’t even touched upon my lifelong appreciation for all things animated. I love animation, despite the stigma which has been attached to it. That animated films and TV shows are primarily for kids aged 1-11. No, I do not believe this to be true. Animation is primarily targeted toward kids 1--11, but it is really for people aged 1--111. The storytelling potential for animation is limitless. You can make entire dimensions come alive. I know, that last sentence doesn’t do the medium justice, but you get the message.

Sometime later, I want to make an animated feature. Short or long--it’s duration doesn’t matter to me. But the story does. Story should always matter to serious storytellers. But if you’re a storyteller, you know that, too.

Just as famed webcritic James Berardinelli posts chapter-by-chapter excerpts of his novel, The Price of the Crown, on his website reelviews.net, I plan to take a tip from him and post excerpts of my stories (or, stories in their entirety) on my blog. Anyone who has a boatload of time on their hands can have a blog, as you can see by scrolling up or down on this page.

Anyone who knows me knows that I appreciate feedback. My e-mail is allenfs@aol.com. Feel free to send any e-mail you want to me. Communication makes the world go ‘round.

In the coming days, you will find out more about me than you will ever want to know. Or, maybe not. Toon in.

Enoch A. Allen

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?