Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

Oh God, the terror . . .

Just seen a music video of Jessica Simpson’s butchering of the Nancy Sinatra classic “These Boots Are Made For Walkin’”. I am officially horrified.

Of course, many of you will write to me, saying something like “She looks hot, she almost sent me into orgasmic epileptic fits, you’re gay for not liking her . . .”, which is not the case at all. It would have been fine if she was singing her own songs, and shaking her little rump to that beat, but--we’re talking about a classic here. Nancy Sinatra. Doesn’t that mean anything to her, to her producers? Oh well.

Simpson’s “These Boots Are Made For Walkin’” is on the soundtrack for the upcoming “Dukes of Hazzard remake. I don’t expect that remake to be much better than the song it’s attached to. But, I have an admission to make. I am a Johnny Knoxville fan. Not a rabid one, to be sure, but one all the same.

More to come. Including that “Paul Dini Wikipedia Omission” article. I will get it done, sometime. I promise.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?