Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

WTS #164 and my elaborate take

WTS #164 HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, I felt, was one of the greatest animated programs of my youth. I was 11 when the first episode premiered in the summer of 1996. I watched it over, and over, and over, and still over again. I recorded it and watched it again. All in all, after 20 viewings of the kick-ass pilot I lost count.

I didn't really care that the 2nd season was animated by a different animation house. Sure, I liked the first season a little more, but to me complaining about the style of either season was just like hating an apple eater if you're an oranges fan. I didn't care--I was just glad that there was going to be more Jonny Quest.

I also liked how the animated series had more violent content per episode (in the first season, Race Bannon kicking a woman across the face--what a SHOCKER) than your average animated program, staying true to the original and not pulling punches. I always felt you could get away with more on Cartoon Network than any other network that aired animated shows.

God, Jeff, you're like some good wine. Your writings just resonate even more with me now than they likely ever have.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?