Saturday, January 23, 2010

 

AVATAR and Other Stuff

I didn't even get the opportunity to make a year-ending post, like I've done in years past, because I've been feeling burnt out. Seriously, I know you guys don't read this for the excuses, but I'm writing one anyways. Read on if you will; or, if you don't want to, go here and enjoy yourself.

When a writer is burnt out and writes anyway, the quality of the writing can reach comments-on-YouTube-and-IMDb levels of incoherence. Just check some of my past posts to see evidence of this. Or, some writers just do the lazy thing, and copy-and-paste.

I'm old-skool. I don't believe in copy-and-paste, unless if what you're copying-and-pasting are useful links. That lead to interesting websites. I haven't had the time, even, to do the things I've said I'd would do in earlier posts. Like review Superman/Batman: Public Enemies or First Flight or, like, any animated film that had its DTV premiere between last summer and the date of this post. Being burnt out has a way of sapping the energy to even get up in the morning, let alone update three blogs plus an animation forum in a perpetual state of evolution.

Best I can offer you at this point is I'm working on a way around it. Yes, there is a way--because I say so--but, more specifically, because we no longer type on typewriters but computers, with the aid of word automation software--offline and online. This has allowed us to produce more content in less time! I will unlock its secrets, and exploit these killer apps to my advantage.

At any rate, I will also make a bid for expanding my audience by advertising this blog via both free and PPC methods. This also means that I will have to purchase better equipment, since the laptop I've purchased a mere two years ago looks to be on its last legs--though still performing marvelously even now, because guess what I'm using to produce this post.

I have big plans, and I have already started on working on some of them. But not all of them.

So while not making any promises, I can assure you that action is being taken to increase my posting activity, I remain very much in the game, and to Jeff and Melon--I still read your posts! Even if I don't always have the energy to respond, fully in some cases, to them!

Stay tuned or if not, happy trailers!



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?